Google Ads Conversion
To set Google Ads integration with the Pages account, you need to get the Google Ads ID along with the Leads label you have selected (For this setting, we will use the Submit Lead Forms label).
You need to make sure that you already have your own Google Ads account so that you can get the necessary keys.
You can refer to the link below for the steps to get the necessary keys.
Also make sure you have set up Google Analytics for your Pages account to enable you to set up Google Ads. If you have not yet set up Google Analytics for your account, click on the button below:
2. You will be able to see a dashboard like this after you log into your Google Ads account.
3. If your display is different, you can click on the Switch view button to make sure your display is the same as this step will show.
1. On the dashboard, you can click on the TOOLS & SETTINGS button
2. Then you can go to the MEASUREMENT section and you can click on Conversions
3. Next, you can click on the + New conversion action icon button (in blue) to add new conversion Actions to your Google Ads account
4. Then you can select the Website box to track conversion action from your website
5. Next, you will be asked to enter your website URL. Once you have entered the website URL, you can click Scan
6. You can scroll down to click on the text/button + Add a conversion action manually
7. On the Category tab, you can select the Category Leads you want to create first. For this settings we will use the Category Submit lead form
8. On the Conversion name tab, you can enter the name of the Conversion you want to use as your reference.
9. On the Value tab, you can choose the measurement method you want. For this setting, we have used the tracking method (Use same values for each conversion) for each incoming lead and we have set the value for each 1 lead to be 1. Make sure the currency you use for this setting is in Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)
10. For the setting on the Count tab, we have selected One as suggested by the Google Ads system.
11. For other settings, you can just leave as default. Once finished, you can click on the Done button
12. Then, you can click on the Save and continue button
13. On the next page, you can find your Google Ads ID in the Copy and paste the Google tag on your website box. You can refer to the display below to see an example of the Google Ads ID you can get. You can save the Google Ads ID to enter in your Pages settings. This is an example of Google Ads ID : AW-012341234
Based on the setting steps above, you can also get your Leads label in the same display.
1. On the same display, you will be able to see the column Put conversion event snippets on your website. You can click on the See event snippet button/text for the type of Leads label you have previously selected.
2. Then, you will be able to see the Submit Lead Forms label in the send_to column. You can save your Submit Lead Forms label to be included in your Pages settings. This is an example of Label Leads: AW-312341234/AbCfCNvJmfsCEMXL7abC
3. Once you get the Leads label, you can click on the Close button/text
4. Once you get the Google Ads ID and Leads label, you can click on the Done button
Once you get all the keys you need, you can connect your Google Ads with your Pages account by entering all the keys in your Pages account.
For more information, you can refer to the setting steps below:
2. Click on the project you want to use for this Google Ads Conversion setting.
3. Next, you can click on the Settings button
4. On the Settings page, you need to click on the Enable Google Ads Conversion Tracking toggle (Make sure the toggle is blue) first to see the Google Ads ID column and the Lead label.
5. Once you have finished entering all the keys in their respective fields, you can click on the Submit button
Now Google Ads Conversion is linked to your Pages account.
For each Conversion Action Label you have just added, you need to set Troubleshoot to make sure it can be triggered from your website. You can refer to the setting steps below to see an example of the intended setting.
1. On the Conversions page in your Google Ads account, you can go back to the label section you just created and click on the Troubleshooting button/text for that label.
2. Then, you can click on the Continue button
3. Next, you will be taken to the Google Tag Assistant page. You need to enter the URL of the website where you have set the Google Ads Conversion for this label.
4. Once finished click on the Connect button
5. Then, you will be taken to your website page. You can test as usual for the conversion action trigger that you have set. At this setting we will submit the form that is already on our page to trigger the Conversion action.
6. Once it can be triggered, you can click on the Finish button
7. Then you will be able to see a page like on this display, you can click on the Close Tag Assistant button if your setting does not have any issues.
8. Finally, you will be able to see the information on your label no longer has the Troubleshooting button/text.